Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Tuesday Technique Challenge August 15

So far this week my FAVORITE challenge has been Julie's Tuesday Technique challenge!  I can't WAIT to try it!!!  Here's her challenge:

To day I want to share one of my favourite techniques. A wet medium i.e. Glimmer Mist and Glad wrap i.e. plastic wrap, cling wrap.  Simply apply a liberal amount of your medium so it is very wet then place a layer of glad wrap over the top ensuring you have lots of wrinkles
 Leave it until it is completely dry. I generally leave mine overnight. Then peel the glad wrap off
The wrinkles in the glad wrap leave beautiful patterns on your paper.  I have also done the same thing with Ranger Inks, which did not work as well
Color Crush Powders. Again not the best result
And Acrylic Paints. This one worked very well and I will definitely do this again
Here is a layout I created using this technique for the background
Hope you have time to give this a try. It is quick and easy to do. The only bug bear if you are like me is waiting for it to dry
Cheers
Julie

And a side note from DT Member Colleen who tried the technique...  Piece of advice don't use press and seal wrap, it tears the paper when you take it off.  Thanks for letting us know Colleen!

So...  what do YOU think of this technique?  I personally can't WAIT to try it!  Show us your creation using this technique in the forum at August 15 TTT Challenge
Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment